The Wellness Center is a health and counseling center for students, staffed by professional counselors, medical staff and youth workers. We provide individual and group counseling, sexual health counseling and referrals, alcohol and other drug information and services, and information about other health-related topics. Our services are free, confidential and non-judgmental, and focus on the holistic needs of the student. We are here to address the overall well-being of our students, so that they may succeed academically and lead healthy lives. The Wellness Center is located in A204 in the Annex building, and is open from 8:00am-3:45pm daily for appointments, and lunch and after-school for drop-ins.
- Professional counselors to talk to about family, school, stress, sexuality, dating and healthy relationships, substance use, grief, anger or depression
- Wellness Nurse to provide medical services and refer students to community health providers
- Confidential referrals to community clinics to address reproductive health, pregnancy or birth control needs
- Wide range of support groups (anger management, grief and loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation, substance use prevention)
- Information on jobs and volunteer opportunities
- Youth Leadership activities
- Condom Availability Program
- Teacher support and consultation on behavioral health of students
- Field trips and enrichment activities
- Guest speakers and classroom presentations on issues regarding adolescent health
- Parent workshops and support
- Paid internships for student Youth Outreach Workers
How Can I Use the Wallenberg Wellness Program?
Students: All services are confidential. Ask your counselor for referral or drop in during lunch or after-school to check us out in Room A204 in the Annex Building. Unless it's lunchtime or after-school, you must have a valid pass from your teacher.
Parents: You can request a referral for your son/daughter by calling the Wellness Program at 415-749-3469 x3406. If the student feels more comfortable, they can come see us themselves.
Wallenberg High School Wellness Center
A204 (Annex Building, 2nd floor)